Jessica Alba: Motherhood is "overwhelming"

Posted by Johan on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thank you for using rssforward.com! This service has been made possible by all our customers. In order to provide a sustainable, best of the breed RSS to Email experience, we've chosen to keep this as a paid subscription service. If you are satisfied with your free trial, please sign-up today. Subscriptions without a plan would soon be removed. Thank you!
Jessica Alba says the responsibilities of motherhood are "overwhelming" -- but she wouldn't have it any other way. Read on to see what this star has to say about her two girls!

Jessica Alba

As a working mother of two, Jessica Alba probably has a lot more in common with many women than we realize. She too has trouble balancing her busy schedule, struggles to keep in shape and finds there is not enough time in the day to do everything she wants, just like you.

Alba sat down with InStyle Australia to talk about what it's like to be a mom of two in Hollywood -- and it's not all that different from anywhere else.

"It's overwhelming," she told the magazine. "I don't consider myself a lot of the time. I think a lot of mums do that, try to be everything to everyone all the time. I make mistakes. I do try to do way too much."

Jessica Alba talks pregnancy woes >>

Alba says motherhood changed her in ways she never anticipated. "I really came into myself as a person," she said.

"Before, I was always working for my identity. And then you take the focus off of yourself. I was probably -- definitely -- a bit of a narcissist. When you are young and an actor and driven, it's a bizarre state of mind to be in at times. I was so focused on things that didn't matter at the end of the day. Now I have what I do for a living in perspective. Working was everything to me, my entire identity, and once I got to step away from it, everything changed."

The second time around is easier for this veteran mom, she says, "I'm more relaxed. Every sneeze or runny nose or little bump on the head that would have freaked me out before… I am more easygoing with that sort of thing. And the sense of knowing that I can get Haven to stop crying. It was all new with Honor and I wasn't confident, and she could feel that so she continued to cry. That didn't happen a lot, but when it happened I felt like I would crack."

In addition to running after Honor Marie, three, and four-month-old Haven Garner, Alba is busy launching a new eco-products line called The Honest Company.

Read the entire interview with Jessica Alba at the InStyle Australia website.

Image courtesy YNF/WENN.com 

14 Dec, 2011


--
Source: http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/849769/jessica-alba-motherhood-is-overwhelming
~
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment